Well today, March the 20th, is the birthday of a friend whom now working somewhere in the middle east. The last time we've seen each other was last May or June, at his farewell before joining French Foreign Legion. That night he (and Dita) made us a huge pot of delicious penne alfredo and fruit salad.
I remembered every time our fun gang hang out we always involved food. Our favorite spots were a sushi restaurant at Sumatra street, a grilled rib street-food vendor at Cipaganti, soto (Indonesian traditional soup) and seafood in Cilaki, and, a Thai suki and grill restaurant at Cihampelas. Oh yes, we are all avid eaters. (I really miss them.) So, today, I'd like to share food on their honor. (Ahem!)
Actually, at first I thought of sharing some bakpao. It used to be our birthday boy's 'favorite' dish. But unfortunately I have not been adept at making dough. So I opt to share something else. Something that I made up on my own, at random, a few months ago..
(Well, actually, I watched too much Jamie at Home at that time, especially the episode Pizza. Then this recipe popped up in my head, just like that.)
|Mozarella chick in tomato paste.|
Mozarella Chick in Tomato Paste, with Wild Rocket Salad
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1 chili (seeded and finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano (or a pinch dried)
- 1 fresh regular basil (or a pinch dried)
- 2 rods fresh rosemary (or a pinch dried)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- a great pinch of salt
- a pinch of pepper
- 150 g chicken thigh (with or without bone)
- 25 g mozzarella cheese (sliced)
- A handful of wild rocket
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ lemon (squeeze out juice)
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of pepper
- Pre-heat oven 180°C/356°F.
- Boil tomatoes briefly, peel off skin and smash with your hand until become a lumpy paste. Add chili, balsamic vinegar, oregano, basil, rosemary, garlic powder, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Get your chicken on a bakeware, coat it with tomato paste, put sliced mozzarella on top, cover with wet baking paper. Bake it for 45 minutes.
- Dress the wild rocket in a large bowl with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Toss it with your hand.
- Serve mozzarella chick together with the wild rocket salad.
I also would like to send hugs for them along with this dish, especially for the birthday boy.
|Happy birthday Blobs, wish you all the best.|