|Plus, fresh whipped cream and berries for serving.|
Flourless Dark Chocolate Cake
(Adapted from Masterchef Australia)
- 400 g dark chocolate
- 4 eggs, separated
- 150 g caster sugar
- 2½ tablespoons orange liqueur (you can alter it with grated orange zest and orange juice)
- 300 ml whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- a handful of raspberries (strawberries work well too)
- melted butter and cocoa powder for greasing
- Preheat oven to 180°C/356°F.
- Line the bottom of cake pan with baking paper, grease pan with melted butter and dust with cocoa powder.
- Slowly melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir continuously until smooth, then remove and allow to cool.
- Beat yolks and sugar until pale and thick, pour in the melted chocolate. Add orange liqueur then mix to combine.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form, carefully fold into the mixture.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the cake pan, place in a bain marie then bake in the oven for 45 minutes. Take out from the oven and let cool.
- Meanwhile, whip cream and icing sugar until stiff.
- Remove cake from cake pan, dust with icing sugar then serve it with cream and raspberries.
In the past few months I've been practicing my hand drawing, and after rediscovered a 9 years old Windsor & Newton's Cotman WaterColours in my college box now I am practicing it too. That's why I can't help but to make an illustration of this recipe and it is so very much fun.
Enjoy your (upcoming) Valentine's everyone!